Senior Engineering Manager at Albert
Things you're good at
- Ownership: Dive in and take ownership of the front-to-backend stack and develop great products that you are proud of every day.
- Architecture: Completing tasks is important. Completing tasks in a way that anticipates the scope of our ambitions is equally important.
- Organization: Work across various layers of our company in an inspired, efficient way.
- Prioritization: Prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
- Collaboration: We bring out the best in each other. We're looking for people who will bring out the best in all of us.
- Primarily responsible for our backend systems
- Ensure your team is following our engineering processes and standards
- Hire/grow your team according to company hiring plan
- Coach your team to ensure their success
- Research, design and implement new robust, scalable services
- Work cross-functionally to support the successful implementation of all features
- Build solutions for appropriate scalability
- Monitor and fine-tune our systems for optimal performance
- Improve, optimize, troubleshoot, test and maintain our core product code base
- Be ready to jump in and produce professional code, as needed
- 6+ years of full stack front-to-backend engineering—preferably in technology startups
- 2+ years of proven experience leading small to medium-sized technology teams
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience in the deployment and monitoring of production cloud systems
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or similar field; graduate degree a plus
- Versed in Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Heroku, AWS, Linux
- Understanding of Kotlin and Swift a plus
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch