Senior Engineer at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re hiring a talented front end developer with a passion for startup culture. If you have a background in fintech with an understanding of the complexities around security, high availability, and accuracy of building systems, we’re especially excited to hear from you.
Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work.
What you’ll do:
- Work with product, design, and business teams to clearly understand requirements and turn them into technical design
- Present designs to the technology team with clear breakdowns of tasks and deliverables
- Lead with engineering best practices and make decisions based on definable metrics
- Define the architecture for systems with a clear vision for both short- and long-term business needs
- Promote a culture of quality, accountability, autonomy, and open communication across teams
- Coach and mentor junior developers and take responsibility for meeting deadlines for your team’s deliverables
- Lay the foundation of our brokerage platform that processes billions of dollars in investments and transactions annually
- Uphold strong levels of integrity for accuracy, data quality, and uptime — we are dealing with real people's money, and we take that seriously
- 7+ years of experience building high-quality, secure presentation layers for serving real-time data-intensive applications.
- Hands-on experience in building applications and services using React/Redux, Node.js.
- Strong experience in implementing complex UIs that leverage RESTful JSON and GraphQL APIs.
Skills and qualifications:
- A strong sense of ownership in the products and services that you build.
- Ability to make choices between build, buy vs leveraging open source technologies for solving product/business problems.
- Expert in designing modular UI components on the front end using an atomic design structure.
- Deep knowledge of multiple browser engine rendering architecture
- High attention towards performance optimizations, system scalability, availability and site stability.
- Opinion on responsive design techniques, progressive enhancement, and experience driving these techniques in a large team.
- High attention to detail in maintaining design integrity throughout the Agile/Kanban development lifecycle.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills for interacting persuasively with product/design/business stakeholders.
- Proven experience solving complex business problems in a scalable manner.
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join on the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US: Venrock. Together, we’re going to try to fix the broken parts of finance and investing.