Senior Embedded Software Engineer
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer in Battery Management System Embedded Software group, you will be working alongside our highly-motivated and extremely talented staff. On our team you won't follow a path that somebody has set for you, you will forge your own. We are looking for critical thinkers with drive and passion for what they do. You will tackle brand new challenges and grow in ways you cannot imagine.
2. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Create elegant & efficient embedded software components and interfaces
- Work with hardware and test equipment to verify software operation
- Evaluate technical challenges using critical thinking and come up with the best solution
- Participate in peer code reviews
3. Basic Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of Embedded software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Fluency in state-of-the-art embedded software practices using the C programming language
- Background in software component design and testing
- Experience in version control software processes and techniques (git & git workflows)
4. Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 2 years of experience in embedded software development
- Experience using CAN protocol tools such as: CANalyzer, CANAPE, and PCAN explorer
- Experience with task management tools such as: JIRA
- Experience or familiarity with: ARM, C, C++, python, Linux, GNU tools (make, bash, etc…), compilers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to be highly effective in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
Romeo Power is a startup company located in Vernon, CA. just south of Downtown L.A. We design, and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric mobility platforms. Several of our talented staff come from Tesla, SpaceX, Faraday Future, Karma and other known unique and powerful companies. We are a group of highly-motivated and extremely talented staff that is set on launching products that will revolutionize the EV battery industry in power density.