- Lead and own test plan definition for new products and new features, in collaboration with firmware, software, and hardware design teas
- Determine test strategies that optimize product safety, product reliability, risk mitigation, FMEA coverage, and schedule.
- Design and execution of PCBA and electrical system components with hands on testing and rework as necessary
- Data analysis and clear communication of results and collaboration with design engineers to resolve any product problems found via test
- Design and implement next generation test hardware systems to facilitate fast and repeatable testing of product
- Manage purchasing, build, integration and final commissioning of functional testers.
- Develop test procedures and test automation from component level to system level.
- Support board bring-up and bench validation.
- Support Design Engineer with DFT, provide feedback from test results to improve quality and test coverage.
- Support manufacture test bring-up and yield.
- Support quality field failure analysis.
- Familiarity with measurement analysis techniques such as Gate RR and Process Capability Analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing functional test equipment and PCBAs.
- Understanding of peripherals and developing test and validation strategies.
- Experience with computer hardware communication bus protocols: USB, I2C, I2S, CSI, Ethernet, SPI, PCIe, HDMI, CAN, etc.
- Understanding of memory hierarchy and developing test and validation strategy.
- Understanding of Product Release Cycle from prototype to production and key deliverables of each phase.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to support product development from prototype to production.
- Knowledge of scripting language to develop automation. Python, Matlab, PERL or SHELL. Experience in LabVIEW is a plus.
- Experience with hands-on electrical engineering work.
- Experience designing custom PCBAs.
- Understanding both hardware and software integration and test process.
- Advance proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and VISIO.
- Understanding of lab safety protocols when working in all types of lab environment.
- A detail-oriented individual who strives in an environment that values effective team collaboration.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrate ability to set direction and proactively identify and fills gaps where needed.