Senior Digital Hardware Engineer at iHerb
The Senior Digital Hardware Engineer will work in all phases of the hardware product development life-cycle, including requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification; will be responsible for concisely translating product specifications into practical design taking into consideration electrical, mechanical, software, testing, cost, performance, and manufacturing constraints; will understand the hardware architecture of the products, improve HW products and the HW development process with innovative approaches; will work with the team to complete and support engineering tasks with high quality.
- Participate as an active member of the hardware team.
- Mixed signal circuit design, signal integrity design, schematic capture, PCB layout, manufacturing documentation and verification to specifications.
- FPGA logic design and simulation using VHDL.
- Testing and troubleshooting using logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, high speed probing.
- Technical documentation development and delivery.
- Execute work in a diverse team environment as well as independently with minimum supervision.
- Provide clear and concise communication of design and development approach or plans.
- Complete high quality work while keeping budget and schedule constraints on track.
- Perform engineering analysis of mixed signal circuits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the design of embedded analog/digital systems using embedded ARM microprocessors and FPGA's.
- A minimum of 3 years experience writing VHDL/Verilog/HLS for Xilinx FPGA’s.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using the Xilinx Vivado toolchain.
- Digital design simulation using Vivado simulator, Matlab/Simulink and Xilinx Simulator and System Generator
- Experience designing, simulating and implementing digital signal processing blocks in FPGA’s
- High speed interface design (DDR2, DDR3/4 SDRAMUART, USB, I2C, SPI) interface logic using HDL for Xilinx FPGA’s.
- Experience using system-on-chip devices and AXI3/4 interconnects.
- Experience managing prototype PCBAs: bringing up, testing and troubleshooting prototypes.
- Excellent diagnostic, debug, and troubleshooting skills, using standard lab/bench equipment.
- Experience writing bare-metal C-code to verify FPGA IP modules inside an SoC is highly desirable.
- Experience in FPGA based BLDC control is highly desirable.
- Experience with video/image data processing or computer vision object recognition is highly desirable.
- Experience managing bills of materials, PCBA assembly packages, and writing ECO’s.
- Solid experience on signal integrity design.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, which includes ability in writing technical documents.
- Self starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills.
- BA/BS/MS/PhD in Electrical Engineering.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required