Senior Devops Engineer at Tapcart
| Santa Monica
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:18 a.m. (PST) on Monday, December 7, 2020
Tapcart makes mobile shopping app easy, fun and attainable for every brand.
The world of shopping will one day be powered entirely by mobile, made possible by our products, team and vision.
We are inspired by the future of mobile. We work to inspire that future.
As the market leader in mobile commerce, we focus on providing great experiences for our customers and for mobile shoppers worldwide. Our platform powers the mobile apps of some of the largest shopping brands, including Fashion Nova, Chubbies, The Hundreds and many more.
Tapcart is trusted by over 20,000 brands to launch and manage their mobile apps. We were recently featured at Google I/O, Shopify UNITE and in The Verge.
This role is perfect for an ambitious Backend Engineer who lives and breathes in infrastructure as code, autoscaling, and caching systems.
Someone with a solid understanding of platform architecture. That spends most of their day looking at hosting account budgets, logs, and metrics.
We are looking for someone who will work to deliver high quality infrastructure projects on Google Cloud Platform and help build the future of the Tapcart platform. Someone who will play a direct role in helping to design the architecture and implement the solutions to help us achieve that goal.
What you need
- At least 5 years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- Strong experience in a production Kubernetes stack
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with API response and content caching
- Experience building large-scale applications in a fast-moving team environment
- Strong experience with NoSQL databases (we use Mongo)
- Experience configuring and managing alerting and logging platforms
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and configure logging and metrics systems such as StackDriver, DataDog
- Configure the next generation of our hosting and application architecture using Kubernetes
- Have experience with live migrations of hosting, applications, and database schemas
- Provide architecture solutions by contributing to our Tech Design Documents (TDDs)
- Mentor and teach our larger development team about hosting and architecture best practices
- Have experience at a B2B and/or SaaS startup
- Built, documented, and monitored a Public API platform
- Have an ability to proactively identify problems and opportunities and generate creative approaches to solve them
- Are an evangelist of Infrastructure as code
- Have a desire to shape engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure
Who we are.
We are a well funded, young and growing startup located in sunny Santa Monica, CA 🏖. Our team and culture are very important to us and as such, we aim to make coming to work fun, challenging and rewarding. We know that doing great work depends on showing up with creative solutions to face our many upcoming challenges. It all starts with having good people, and helping them grow both personally and professionally. We can't wait to hear how your unique skills and personality will add to our company and culture.
Learn more about who we are and what we offer on our careers page.