To build the world's most consumer-focused clean energy platform and inspire a connected movement of people towards a brighter energy future. This is Inspire’s mission statement. Our goal, to reverse the relentless rise of Co2 and the GHG that cause man-made climate change. We offer the first comprehensive platform for the energy efficient smart home. A subscription service for smart devices, clean energy technologies, and energy management, coupled with pro installation and on-bill financing.
Our Santa Monica office is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the infrastructure team that empowers engineers throughout the SDLC. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, you will continue to expand upon our new AWS infrastructure (Kubernetes, CloudFormation, CodeBuilPhoned, Harness.io, Prometheus, EFK) and work closely with engineering teams to deliver highly available, highly scalable distributed systems.
THE SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cloud Infrastructure: Provide resilient cloud infrastructure and developer tools to enable rapid development
- Instrumentation: Constantly improve instrumentation and logging to identify issues as early as possible, allowing for automated resolution and/or manual investigation
- CI/CD Pipelines: Build CI/CD pipelines with automated verification by utilizing unit tests, integration tests, load tests, and instrumentation
- Requirements Gathering: Work closely with engineers to understand their needs and incorporate it into the roadmap
- Education: Be a technology evangelist that empowers engineers through education and hands on support
- Dev Tools: Understand developer ergonomics and provide tools to engineers to streamline development.
SOME 2020 DELIVERABLES
- Migration from Heroku to AWS
- Developer tooling, education, and enablement
- 99.9% uptime of infrastructure
- Completed migration from Heroku to AWS
- Ability to empower engineering to deliver on various projects and technologies
- Uptime of services and cloud infrastructure
- Motivated - self-starter who drives their tasks to successful completion by working with others and unblocking obstacles
- Analytical - can diagnose issues, formulate a plan, see it out, and measure before and after to incrementally improve engineering operations
- Technical - strong understanding of cloud infrastructure,distributed systems, automation, pipelines, developer tools
- Thoughtful - takes many variables into account (reliability, scalability, useability, etc.) in order to build and deliver the best solutions for various stakeholders
- Must Have
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong knowledge and experience with software development, developer tools, cloud computing services & infrastructure, application development platforms, and popular programming languages
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role delivering dev tools, infrastructure as code, agile planning, release automation, CI/CD, cloud computing architecture work, systems or application design, development and/or operations
- Past experience maintaining production environments for critical systems
- Strong understanding of AWS services, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
- Proficient in Bash scripting and automation
- Nice to Have
- Experience establishing, implementing, and delivering using Agile practices.
- Experience working in a developer relations, technology evangelism or technical executive role
- Strong understanding of distributed systems
- Hands on experience with
- Cloud Infrastructure; AWS, Heroku
- Containers; Kubernetes, EKS
- CI/CD; harness.io
- Instrumentation; Prometheus + Grafana
- Logging; Elastic Search + Fluentd + Kibana
- Issues; Clubhouse.io, Jira
- Version Control; Github
- Coding: Ruby on Rails, GoLang