Senior DevOps Engineer
Who we are…
Hallmark Labs, LLC. (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, currently operates two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand greeting cards. We leverage Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections with great sentiments, and progress it into the digital age at a rapid pace with cutting-edge technology.
"We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day."
When you join Hallmark Labs, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are a diverse team of innovators dedicated to enhancing relationships and enriching lives with state-of-the-art products.
We believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That’s why we offer comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision for you and your family. We also provide wellness incentives, spin classes, on-site massage chairs and bicycles, employee assistance programs, ergonomics assessments, beach days and more.
Systems management and IaaS automation in building, monitoring, maintaining, and alerting Linux systems in AWS to working with QA to ensure their test automation is running correctly on every commit to GitHub. This job is all about automation, IaaS, and uptime. The responsibilities will include change management, access control, addressing any issues that arise that isn't already automated, and work with the Engineering teams to ensure the solution they're deploying are supportable and scalable to support the growing customer base. We love innovation, and support efforts that provide automated systems for the purpose of 99.99% uptime.
This job involves the following responsibilities:
- Works closely with other infrastructure, engineering and customer service teams to ensure services are available 24 x 7
- Drive technical innovation and efficiency in infrastructure operations via automation
- Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention
- Insure all systems have required security compliance
- Create processes that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones
- Act as a technical point of escalation
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources
- Must be able to support off-hours on-call
- Problem solving & troubleshooting including performing root cause analysis for preventative analysis
- Work on small, cross-functional, fast paced teams
- Utilize organizational skills and the ability to manage a diversified workload
- Communicate & work effectively with all levels of staff including senior management
- Work under minimal supervision on complex issues to deliver great results on schedule.
- 5+ years enterprise infrastructure experience
- 5+ years cloud experience
- 3+ years Experience with IaaS design and micro-service systems architecture.
- 3+ years Experience with capacity planning, utilization review, and monitoring of availability and performance.
- Held a prior role with responsibility for High Scalability/Availability Systems Architecture, Security, and Systems Support.Expertise with configuration and management of multiple server platforms.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Math, or other related fields
- 5+ years AWS experience
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code such as CloudFormation or Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or Gitlab,
- Experience with monitoring tools such as ELK, Grafana, Zabbix, Cloudwatch, DataDog
- Experience with Docker and orchestration tools such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Experience in implementing, managing, and refining disaster recovery solutions
- Proficiency in TCP/IP networking, architecture and other core network technologies (DNS, HTTP, Routing, Firewalls, Load Balancers, etc.)
- Familiar with both SQL and NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Familiar with Agile processes and DevOps manifesto.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Hallmark Labs is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. To view your rights as an applicant please review the following EEO posters: “EEO is the Law” poster and the "EEO is the Law Supplement".