Senior Controls Engineer
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Hands on Testing
- Powertrain control algorithm development in Simulink
- Plant model creation for test environments
- Fault modeling
- Integration support on bench, on road, on dyne
- Automotive experience at work or university, such as Formula SAE, SAE EcoCAR, or other university automotive activity
- 1 or more years ETAS INCA tool experience for collecting embedded data
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong project coordination skills
- Understanding of the development of embedded software
- Understanding of EV Powertrain development
- Flexibility - must be able to adapt to changing the environment with minimal effect on productivity
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of management
- Bachelor or graduate degree relevant to engineering (I.e. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Computer Information)
- Startup experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in MATLAB/Simulink
- Vector tools
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description