Senior Cloud Network Engineer
sweetgreen is seeking a Sr. Network/Security Engineer to join a group of dynamic and innovative technologists. In this role you will maintain and manage the implementation of strategic company IT initiatives and programs both in our offices and restaurants. This role provides network, firewall, security support services for a large enterprise network. The position requires technical expertise in all areas of network and security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls and gateways. Description Designing, installing, implementing and documenting the local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) equipment, routers, switches, network appliances, Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and firewalls.
Core Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Create and maintain network/security infrastructure that follows industry best practices including a high level of availability and ease of user access.
- Provision, administer, monitor network in cloud environments.
- Improve the operation and maintenance of our existing SaaS systems through iterative upgrades, streamlining, and adoption of a standard methodology
- Evaluate and develop systems to enhance our security posture while reducing overall digital security risk.
- Lead IT infrastructure integrations with partners from a security perspective.
- Ability to self-sufficiently execute critical IT projects with little supervision and resulting in a timely and robust delivery
- Proactively identify areas of improvement, optimization and automation both in the restaurant and corporate network environment
- Contribute to and execute critical IT projects based off a corporate security strategy
- Provide ad-hoc IT support on a per-need basis
This individual should have experience with working in a sophisticated IT environment with a retail footprint extension, show strong entrepreneurial traits and have a strong doer attitude. The individual needs to be a strong communicator, with an attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a service-minded approach to his responsibilities and contributions. The candidate must enjoy a fast-paced work environment and have a strong ability to prioritize and establish strong interpersonal relationships.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Completed bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, mathematics, physics, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in network design, monitoring, and security in an enterprise level environment.
- Expert working knowledge (setting up, upgrading, and troubleshooting) of routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Network Access Control systems
- Expertise with network-based monitoring and security solutions. (IDS/IPS systems)
- Experience creating repeatable, reliable, and scalable network solutions with high availability and fault tolerance.
- Strong sense of teamwork with the ability to foster relationships and gain agreement with timelines and data requirements from both internal and external stakeholders
- Belief in and passion for the sweetlife and sweetgreen’s core values
- Strong leadership behaviors, approachability, and a reputation as an unwavering role model
- Excellent presentation and verbal communication skills
About sweetgreen technology: sweetgreen technology is setting the bar for innovation in
operational excellence and guest experience. Sweetgreen intends to disrupt the restaurant industry by leveraging technology to connect people with real food.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.