Senior Cloud Engineer
Get to Know Us:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At BlackLine, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
The Senior DevOps Engineer will work as part of a highly collaborative team on developing and maintaining automated build and deployment systems. Recommend process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability. Assist in developing and implementing various tools and scripts and perform deployments and patches per the needs of the business.
You'll Get To:
- Design and build Blackline's Cloud and back-office platforms to accelerate software engineering, customer support and data science teams' ability to deliver new products and services.
- Design and build internal applications that democratize access to the cloud and infrastructure services.
- Own services end to end from inception into the runtime.
- Ensure compliance with centrally defined Security and with Operational risk standards (E.g. Network, Firewall, OS, Logging, Monitoring, Availability, Resiliency)
- Build and support continuous integration (CI), continuous delivery (CD) and continuous testing activities
- Support non-functional requirements such as serviceability, supportability, logging, Monitoring and alerting etc.
- Ensure good Change management practice is implemented as specified by central standards.
- On a rotational on call basis provide out of business hours support as part of our 24 x 7 coverage.
What You'll Bring:
Years of Experience in Related Field: Minimum of 3 Years
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert understanding of DevOps principles, and Infrastructure as a Code concepts and techniques
- Strong understanding of Containers, Git, Jenkins, CI/CD and available tools
- Security and Compliance, e.g. IAM and cloud compliance/auditing/monitoring tools
- Experience with Big Data on GCP - BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Dataflow.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies.
- Experience with container orchestration technologies (kubernetes, mesos, swarm etc.) and deployment methodologies, configuration management tools (CI/CD, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.), and logging (ELK) and monitoring tools (App Dynamics, New Relic, etc.)
- Prototype, develop and apply software integrations based on user feedback.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks
- Able to design approaches that consider risk-management, clustering, load balancing, and failover.
- Conduct system tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, Ability to build strong relationships with Application teams, cross functional IT and global/local IT teams
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Motivated by enabling and helping others and succeeding as part of a team.
- Making data driven choices
We're Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience of building a range of Services in a Cloud Service provider (ideally GCP)
- Proficient with Terraform and a modern scripting language for automation of build tasks.
- Working knowledge in IP and storage networking including SDN, Linux, application networking, DNS, SAN and hybrid technologies
- Networking principles and protocols such as IP subnetting, routing, firewall rules, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, etc.
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Server administration (either Linux or Windows)
Thrive at BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It's a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
A culture where BlackLiner's continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
USD $125,700.00/Yr. - USD $194,100.00/Yr.
Pay Transparency Statement:
Placement within this range depends upon several factors, including the applicant's prior relevant job experience, skill set, and geographic location. In addition to base pay, BlackLine also offers short-term and long-term incentive programs, based on eligibility, along with a robust offering of benefit and wellness plans.