Senior Backend Software Engineer
Greater LA Area
Ordermark’s mission is to become a trusted partner to restaurants everywhere, offering products and services that help restaurants adapt to changing consumer trends and technology. We provide our clients with a single dashboard to manage all online ordering and a team of experts to help them succeed. While tech is important, it takes a backseat to solving our client’s problems. We pride ourselves in building a team of world-class thinkers and innovators to revolutionize the restaurant industry, empowering our customers to tap into new markets.
By joining Ordermark you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing restaurant landscape and the explosive online ordering industry.
About the role
We're looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will bring their passion for both building efficient systems and delighting customers. In this role you’ll leverage your technical expertise with architecture, frameworks, performance, security, automated testing, and more to help build our product while also leading other members of the engineering team. You are also an effective communicator, work well in a team environment, thrive in a fast-paced culture, and bring a proven background in building scalable solutions.
In joining the team, you’ll play a major part in helping the engineering organization continue to grow and deliver sophisticated solutions to problems of all sizes while also having the opportunity to lead a team in a fast-growing environment. You’ll play an integral role in the ongoing engineering of Ordermark’s mobile, web, and backend platforms.
What you bring to the role:
- Extensive software engineering experience with a proven track record of delivering quality software, ideally in either the consumer web or enterprise SaaS space
- Solid experience with databases and data modeling utilizing both relational and NoSQL solutions.
- Have 5+ years of professional experience using Python
- Experience utilizing frameworks such as Django
- Ability to thrive in a startup (fast-paced, agile) environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be self-directed when necessary
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary with excellent growth opportunity. Starting salary and stock options DOE.
- Medical, dental and vision (90% covered by Ordermark; 50% for dependents)
- Flexible PTO and holidays.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Working for a company with awesome people and an exciting growth opportunity. We pride ourselves in having a team that promotes diversity, inclusion, leadership, mindfulness. high initiative, energy and passion.
Our tech stack
- Databases: Google Datastore, PostgreSQL
Ordermark participated in Techstars, Boulder in Spring 2018, and has raised $12.5 million. We are headquartered in Los Angeles, and are looking to significantly grow our team while continuing to reach restaurants across the country. Join us in supporting more great restaurant partners like Papa John's, Which Wich, and Qdoba!
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, collaborating daily across time zones. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Thank you for your interest in Ordermark - we’re reviewing impressive candidates every day, and will do our best to reach out to you as quickly as possible!
Read Full Job Description