Within 3 months, you'll...
- Learn our business model and how it translates to platform architecture and features. We work closely with the product and it influences how we think about the code.
- Build, launch, and support your first big feature in one of our many products. We ship with iterative agility.
- Master development patterns and collaborative processes. We work together to make work efficient.
- Write internal documentation and test your features and systems. We take responsibility for communication and quality.
- Grasp the basics of the platform architecture. Developers share responsibility for our always available APIs.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Have made a valued impact on multiple products across our platform. We celebrate our success by measuring our impact, internally and externally.
- Understand major feature areas of our applications and be comfortable navigating the stack and infrastructure. We are all generalists, but we specialize in feature areas too.
- Have participated in the architecture and implementation of new developer and user-facing features. We communicate and collaborate on our architecture to achieve security, scalability, and maximum learning.
- Provide feedback during code reviews of prospective engineers and listen in on telephone screening. We will teach you our interviewing methods.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Build within reliable estimates. We know this takes time, and we strive to be accurate with each other.
- Feel comfortable as a knowledge leader, teaching others and continuing to learn. We want to learn as much as we teach.
- Be an essential part of growing our team by fully participating in the hiring interview process. We share responsibility to grow our team.
You should apply if:
- You have experience building SaaS products, e-commerce or similar online platforms
- You are excited about new technologies, are able to judge the maturity of the latest innovations, and find practical use for them
- You constantly work to get better at your craft
- You find excitement in learning new business models and transferring such knowledge into beautiful software design
- You like collaborating with multiple stakeholders within and outside the Engineering Team towards a common goal
- You make decisions based on data and evidence
- You enjoy iterative, agile development process with frequent releases
- You take great pleasure in writing quality, highly maintainable code
- You thrive in environments supporting your growth, and where you can support others
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.