Senior Backend Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build, optimize and scale our Node.js platform and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- Provide technical leadership across platform engineering and help guide the overall engineering vision.
- Improve developer productivity through better tools, processes and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming patterns and developing a service oriented architecture.
- Design, develop, implement and test scalable and performant backend microservices.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes to support hundreds of millions of records.
- Solve complex server side engineering problems.
- Value autonomy and ownership of your work.
- Responsible for the uptime of a production service.
- Work collaboratively with other developers on the engineering team.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience building highly-available, scalable and modern API based applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of front-end web development technologies and principles.
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Operational experience running Node.js services at scale.
- Experience building applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Building, maintaining, and evolving core libraries, services, and/or platforms.
- Helping teams adopt and/or migrate to your technology solutions.
- Building and operating scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems.
- Utilizing cloud-based solutions.
- Using and writing REST APIs.
- Addressing complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design.
- Writing comprehensive tests to ensure a high level of quality.
Position requires ability to perform with minimal supervision. All projects are assigned by the Director of Client Engineering, to whom the Sr. Backend Engineer reports.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed. Enjoy daily healthy catered lunches, snacks and beverages, and top-notch equipment such as the latest Macbook Pro, 4k monitors, and adjustable standing desks. Submit your resume to apply!