As a Sr. Backend Engineer working with the Weedmaps team, you will be empowered to contribute to our products in meaningful ways. We cover an array of users from growers to dispensaries to consumers and we constantly strive to improve the experience for each of those segments using cutting edge design and implementation practices. As a major player in this emerging industry, we have an opportunity to help define the market landscape and we invite you to help in that effort.
- Take ownership of significant features and drive them from development to production
- Collaborate closely with Design, QA, Product and fellow developers
- Cultivate sense of customer empathy to continue building an exceptional product
- Professional experience coding in one or more of the following languages Elixir, Java, Scala, Clojure, Go, Node, Ruby, Python, PHP
- Professional experience developing large, scalable backend applications
- Extensive experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and Redis
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Love taking on the challenge of learning new technologies
- Self-starter attitude with a disciplined work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree / work experience
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience at startup / mid-sized companies
- Experience with Elixir/Phoenix
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, and Meteor
- Experience with SQL databases such as MySQL, Postgres or SQL Server
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!