Senior Backend Engineer - Revenue
Come join the best mobile revenue team in the world - seriously!
The Tinder Revenue team is a small and determined group of engineers that has built the top grossing app in the world. Our mission is to monetize Tinder’s global user base through subscriptions and premium features and we’ve built a world class team.
From your first day on the job, you will be contributing to record-breaking revenue team at Tinder. As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Tinder Revenue team, you have the unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint, while working on a small enough team where your impact is actually felt.
This experience will be invaluable for your entire career. You will ship world class revenue products and learn how to “monetize mobile” from the best team in the business.
Tinder is a fun way to meet new people. Tinder finds out who likes you nearby, and connects you with them if you're also interested. We're a small team that's growing fast and we're looking for Senior Backend Engineers to work on our growing revenue team. The projects on our plate are amazing, and we're looking for talented people to meet the exciting technical challenges we face. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious engineer, we want to talk to you!
This position is for either our Tinder LA HQ or our new Tinder Palo Alto office!
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Develop exciting new Tinder revenue features
- Improve subscriber retention while driving subscriptions and reducing churn.
- Help us scale to meet the ever growing Tinder user base and global audience
- Exposure to TB of data including billions of swipes per day
- Build tools & infrastructure to ensure 100% uptime of Tinder for all users across the world
We're looking for:
- Experience with large scale distributed real-time systems
- NoSQL Databases such as DynamoDB or Redis
- AWS experience preferred
- Passion for creating great products and solving unique problems
- API design experience
- Experience with scale and volume mobile backed systems
- Search & recommendation experience also preferred
- Experience with writing comprehensive unit and regression tests
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with building ecommerce solution
- Understand important revenue related metrics
- You have built subscription products, love optimizing purchased funnels, and have contributed to a Revenue team in the past.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other big data tools
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering from a top school, but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Leadership Experience