Who we are
Financial Technology (aka Fintech) is disrupting the way we use financial services worldwide by introducing technology to simplify and automate our finances.
Albert is a new type of financial service that leverages powerful technology to automate your finances, with a team of human experts to guide you. Our geniuses find savings you’re missing, identify bills you’re overpaying, help you pay down debt faster, save automatically for you, and much more. Text Albert a financial question, and we’ll not only offer guidance but help you make it happen.
We’re an LA-based startup with a proven business model, backed by top-tier institutional investors, and over 2 million users who have trusted Albert to help them achieve their financial goals. We’re on a mission to improve the financial lives of millions of people with a simple, beautifully designed product, and we’re looking for thoughtful, talented people to join us on our journey.
About the role
Albert handles hundreds of millions of data points, meaningful concurrency, and thousands of text messages per day. We’re looking for a python expert who can build beautiful user experiences with us, build scalable systems, and develop state of the art machine learning algorithms to power Albert's advice engine.
Things you're good at
* Shipping: Delivering great products that you're proud of on a regular basis.
* Designing: Building highly scalable and flexible backend systems as we continue to grow is essential.
* Diving in: Taking ownership of the back-end stack.
* Collaborating: We bring out the best in each other. We're looking for people who will bring out the best in all of us.
- Write clean, well-tested and modular code.
- Deep involvement in the back-end stack (Python/Django/RabbitMQ/Celery/PostgreSQL) or similar tools.
- Help us continue to build an infrastructure that can scale to millions of users.
- Speed is a feature: build and deploy software that delights because it’s fast.
- Participate and lead discussions/brainstorms to contribute ideas and feedback. We work together.
- 6+ years of experience writing production back-end software
- BS, MS and/or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Demonstrated experience in a production environment with Python/Django
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
Read Full Job Description