Senior Architect Dev
We are hiring a Senior Architect to help transform the digital lending space. We believe that lending and borrowing money should be easy, fulfilling, and fun. You’ll work closely with our head of product, engineers, and CEO to develop thoughtful experiences to facilitate financial transactions between peers. At our company’s stage, the impact you will have is huge.
As Senior Architect you will play a pivotal role in the architecture and programming of our mobile applications and backend systems. We’re looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, can think out-of-the-box and thrive in a fast-moving, creative company. This candidate will help us grow the next set of future architects and be instrumental in expanding our team.
This is a hands-on role and will require significant research and software development efforts. If you are a self-motivated individual with an exceptional level of attention-to-detail then this is right for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Drive technical decisions within the company that align with the product roadmap and growth trajectory of the company
* Work with engineering team to design a modern, scalable technical architecture and be a hands on builder
* Review high level product features for technical feasibility and make technical recommendations
* Participate in performing technical due-diligence on potential partners and third party vendors for integration
* Load and performance test applications and identify areas for optimization across the entire technology stack
* Be a mentor to more junior developers working on your projects by setting development schedules, delegating tasks, and reviewing code
* Develop and enforce development standards and best practices for the engineering teams
* Participate and provide feedback in brainstorming sessions and scoping meetings
* At least 7+ years of experience in software development. We use node.js, Java, and Swift
* Extensive experience with Git is required
* Extensive experience with unit and integration testing is required
* Extensive experience with load and performance testing is required
* Experience with MySQL is required
* Adhere to database infrastructure/design best practices
* Experience in API development, database and middle tier component design
* Test Driven Development, mocking frameworks, dependency injection
* Mobile (iOS and Android) is a plus
* Experience with Firebase and other NoSQL databases is a plus
* Experience with AWS services a plus
* Extensive experience with development across all application layers (data, business logic, user interface development)
* Proven communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of personality types
* The drive and ability to learn new technologies and adapt to new projects
* Must be able to clearly communicate technical challenges to business units
* Excellent teamwork skills with an ability to get the work done with minimal supervision
* You must be creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, and a resourceful problem-solver.
* You love startups and working in the startup culture
* BS in Computer science or equivalent