Senior API Engineer
Our Software Engineers (API) build tools, set direction, architect, and maintain best practices for building out a performant API for a large cloud-based application in the construction industry. With a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients and integrators to understand user needs, engineers work with all of our departments from Sales, Account Management, Customer Support, and Product. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, Elixir, ReactJS, and PostgreSQL. Our mobile apps consume our API to provide access to many Procore tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We're looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Help guide API design and development for a large scale application.
- Evangelize API best practices and architecture throughout our engineering organization.
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance.
- Exercise code reviews both providing and accepting constructive feedback.
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical).
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of both Rails and vanilla Ruby
- Experience in both consuming and producing RESTful APIs
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in writing fully tested code, we use RSpec
- Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL) and query optimization
- Familiarity with AWS (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0 and other API authentication schemes
- Working knowledge of the OpenAPI spec (Swagger)
- Experience working with asynchronous requests in large-scale applications
- Experience writing integrations for large platforms
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community