Senior Android Engineer at Tinder
During these extraordinary times, Tinder is continuing to grow our team. We currently work together remotely and we've adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires. We've always believed in using technology to bring people together, share experiences, and foster innovation; physical distance won't keep us from forming team bonds and meaningful connections.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As a Senior Android engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
By applying to this role you will be considered for all Android roles currently available in our LA and San Francisco offices.
As a Senior Android Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build new compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Coordinate with the product and design team(s) influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services
- Create and maintain internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate and learn with innovative and passionate team members
- 5+ years of professional experience building native Android applications
- Significant experience building applications in Kotlin
- A strong software architect well versed in design patterns (e.g. you've worked with MVP, Clean/MVVM, and know the benefits of each. You've written your own Repositories and Factories)
- Understanding of the value of Dependency Injection and has implemented Dagger
- Experience writing your own test scripts
- Experience designing and architecting full stack applications, including API design and UI wireframing
- Someone who understands material design guidelines (e.g. you know how to be a good Android citizen while maintaining a strong unique brand identity)
- Clear communicate style within a collaborative team environment
- The ability to combine good judgement, empathy, and technical skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The highest user to engineer ratio in North America for a non-gaming mobile application
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage and progressive reproductive benefits
- Competitive salary, 401(k) matching up to 10% and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches and dinners, an endless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.