Senior Android Engineer
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
What We're Looking For:
Hallmark Labs is looking for a self-starting Sr. Android Engineer to join the Hallmark Movies Now SVOD team. The successful candidate will be joining a small, flexible team with a history of delivering production software. Primary responsibilities include system architecture and feature implementation for Android based applications within the SVOD team as well as providing insight to Product Managers and UX Designers about platform requirements and limitations.
- 5+ years of experience in Android (Android Studio / Java / Android SDK)
- Experience working on SVOD apps
- Experience working on ordering/billing systems (especially for a service provider)
- BS in IT/Computer related degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with DRM
- Experience with Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with Git/GitHub, Jira, and Confluence.
- Excellent team building, time management and communication skills
- Having published one or more applications to the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store is a plus.
- A strong understanding of the full life cycle of app development using Google's Developer Portal and Amazon's App Portal
- Experience with the Android Material Design Interface Guidelines & Android app permissions
- Solid foundation of modern Java data structures, algorithms, and software design and can consistently deliver testable, scalable, highly-readable code using OO best practices
- Solid knowledge of the mobile industry. Intimate knowledge of Android devices and platform publishing requirements for all Android platforms including Amazon
- Passion for great application architecture and user-experience
- General understanding of mobile networking and cloud/content services
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we’re near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.