Senior Android Engineer - Tinder Trust at Tinder
Are you hungry to make an impact? Want to take a leading role in building systems that have an impact on millions of people? Do you feel at home working on a fast paced team? Then come join one of the best Trust and Safety teams in the world.
We’re a lean, cross-functional team of highly motivated engineers, data scientists, product managers, community moderators, and anti-fraud specialists. Our projects range from machine learning experiments, distributed systems monitoring, and abusive pattern analysis to building highly robust account review and moderation pipelines.
As Tinder continues to grow and create new and exciting experiences for our users, the challenge of maintaining a safe and protected experience grow ever-larger and more complicated – that’s where Tinder Trust comes in. Our team is responsible for creating a user experience free of abusive behavior such as spam, fake accounts, scams, and toxic behavior, using a combination of state-of-the-art machine learning, human analysis, distributed systems engineering, deep cross-team collaboration, and anything else in-between!
This position is located in Los Angeles, CA and we'll move you here!
Some projects we work on include:
Account Integrity: Systems for detecting and preventing attempts to create fake accounts, bots, and other forms of bad accounts that utilize various ML techniques, i.e. computer vision, supervised and unsupervised learning models
Anti-spam: Content and behavioral ML based detection of known and emerging spam patterns
Toxic behavior: Detecting and flagging interpersonal abuse (via NLP, user reports), as well as striving to educate our users and improve the overall health of interaction on Tinder
Data transparency: Online portal where our users can download their own Tinder data
We're looking for:
- A strong software architect and well versed in design patterns. (eg. you've worked with MVP, Clean or MVVM and know the benefits of each. You've written your own Repositories and Factories.)
- Understanding the value of Dependency Injection and have implemented Dagger
- Someone who loves test coverage. (eg. you're well versed with Mockito and JUnit. You can write Espresso tests when needed.)
- Someone on the RxJava train. (eg. you know when to map or flatMap, but when something shouldn't be Observable.)
- Consuming RESTful service is old hat for you, you use RetroFit and move on to the more important pieces of your app
- Understanding Material design guidelines, but are not a slave to it. (eg. you know how to be a good Android citizen while maintaining a strong unique brand identity.)
- Someone interested in Kotlin, who's using Retrolambda and know what's new in Java 8
- Able to mentor junior developers, impart your knowledge so they can become an engineer of the same quality as yourself
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most important challenges
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
- And much more...