Viant's culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Viant is seeking a qualified Security Engineer who will ensure our internal applications and infrastructure are designed with the highest security standards in mind. The Security Engineer will be tasked with improving security of the company’s infrastructure, protecting against security threats including intrusions, malware, system-level breaches, unauthorized access, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information.
- Maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
- Be able to lead software vulnerability triage engagements
- Be able to lead security architecture review engagements
- Work with Networking, DevOps, SRE and Corp IT teams to ensure relevant secure technology and practice are in place and being appropriately managed
- Audit and drive system update/patch levels.
- Develop and oversee security monitoring for Production, QA, Development & Corporate IT systems to create a deep understanding of trends, anomalies and incidents
- Work with Compliance team to design and manage comprehensive internal and cloud application monitoring
- Lead Architecture and Planning for security efforts
- Work with Product teams to ensure product offerings comply with security policies/standards and industry requirements.
- Work with developers to ensure applications meet security requirements.
- Prioritize using a risk-based approach
- Enforce compliance of Privacy and data usage policies
- Perform as part of our Crisis Management team
- Sophisticated view of the current threat landscapes including Botnets, Physical Security, Exploits, Hacktivism and Nation State Actors
- Deep Experience as a Security Engineer in an effective Security Program
- Linux systems administration experience required (familiarity with all popular distributions)
- Understanding of Networking Protocols and devices
- Experience with code scanning tools as well as software SDLC
- An understanding of architectural or security architecture principles
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing concepts and cloud security principle
- A deep understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security principles
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of security objective frameworks and standards
- Ability to balance and communicate options
- Experience with coding, scripting, modern development (Go Lang, Java, Python) languages and databases practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A passion for working being part of a world-class security effort
- Public company experience highly desirable
- Experience with High-volume consumer websites
- Familiar with user data privacy regulatory requirements
- Experience hiring and managing security engineers
- Experience protecting Public Companies
- CISSP/SSCP or similar certification
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 11 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.