Sales Engineering Manager at WELL Health, Inc.
WELL is a patient communication infrastructure for healthcare. We enable enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to conduct seamless conversations with patients across multiple channels — including texting, email, telephone, and live chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and is the highest rated patient engagement software on G2. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and more than 20 million patients.
WELL is proud to have been named one of the 2020 Central Coast Best Places to Work by the Pacific Coast Business Times and one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare. To learn more about WELL, please visit our LinkedIn.
WELL works with health organizations across the country that have hundreds of integrated systems, complex data requirements, and a need to consolidate relevant data into the WELL platform.
WELL is looking for a talented Sales Engineering Manager to join the team. You will work directly alongside a team of Sales Engineers and Account Executives under the direction of our Senior Sales Engineering Manager. We are looking for a Sales Engineer who enjoys exploring new customer use cases and figuring out how a product can be leveraged to accomplish our customer’s business needs.
As the leader of this team you will:
- Manage the Sales Engineering Team
- Run in-depth product demonstrations for large Health Systems
- Discuss detailed technical requirements with Prospects
- Improve and create processes that allow the team to operate more effectively
- Be a product expert for the sales process – providing solutions for the Prospect’s stated business goals using product functionality. This includes providing solutions for existing customers who are looking to add new use cases to their WELL deployment.
- Be an integration expert for the sales process – understand the relevant architecture of a Prospect’s systems and how they can integrate into the WELL platform.
- Coordinate and complete Request for Proposals for Enterprise Prospects
- Effectively communicate technical concepts with Prospects in non-technical language
- Scope and evaluate the feasibility of Prospect asks, particularly as they relate to integrating with 3rd party data sources
- Manage and grow your direct reports along their desired career paths and ensure high performance of your team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in a sales engineering role
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing technical role
- 2+ years of management experience
- 2+ years of experience in the Healthcare industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to conduct technical discovery with Prospects and clients
- Experience with SQL
- Experience using a Healthcare focused Integration Engine
WELL is headquartered in Santa Barbara, CA and has a satellite office in Orange County, CA. Today, all WELL positions are remote, and we are looking forward to when our company returns to in-office work. We are open to candidates that are looking for a permanently remote role depending on their level of experience. Historically, remote team members visit the Santa Barbara office regularly, and we’ve found that works best when they are on the West Coast, specifically in Southern California.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
Fantastic company culture – frequent Zoom company events (Lunch & Learns, game nights, trivia, etc.) and daily fun brought to you by many creative Slack channels.
Engaged workplace – numerous company committees available for all to join (Corporate Volunteering, Diversity & Inclusion, Sustainability, and many more).
Learning and development – frequent events and tools available to help our employees #PursueGrowth.
Career mobility – we promote from within and have opportunities for employees to transfer between teams.
Santa Barbara office perks: dog-friendly office, healthy (and unhealthy snacks), Kombucha on tap, light-filled space, Sonos workplace, ergonomic desk setup, and the occasional taco truck.
MacBook Pros provided
Generous equity package
Full health benefits – medical/dental/vision
WELL Health Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fair and equitable hiring practices. All hiring decisions at WELL are based on strategic business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexuality, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other protected status.
WELL is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone feels safe to be themselves and express their thoughts and opinions. WELL is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment; WELL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.