Robotics Lab Technician at Postmates Inc.
At Postmates X, we are reimagining how things move in cities. Serve, our personable sidewalk delivery robot, is our vision for the future of delivery. It’s designed to take deliveries away from congested streets and onto underutilized alleys and sidewalks, to save energy, reduce emissions, reduce traffic, and make deliveries faster and cheaper. Why move two-pound burritos with two-ton cars?
Serve has been years in the making and has already done thousands of customer deliveries.
We are tech industry veterans in software, hardware and design who are pooling our individual talents together to build a legacy. Our team is inclusive, agile, and driven by a common purpose. We are solving real-world problems with machine learning, computer vision, and robotics, with a mindful eye towards the end-to-end user experience. By joining our team, you will help create the first robotic helpers entering our cities: moving alongside us and running our errands!
- Assemble robots (consisting of mechanical structures, electro-mechanical components, and wiring harnesses)
- Create, install and troubleshoot wiring harnesses
- Maintaining assembly and harness documentation
- Perform component-level and assembly-level testing and diagnostics
- Perform component-level calibration
- Maintain component and lab inventories
- Troubleshoot and repair robots as necessary
- Charge and care for battery packs
- Experience in mechanical assembly and test of Consumer Electronics
- Experience in reading and understanding component and assembly drawings
- Experience managing multiple demanding deadlines and being able to work across multiple teams
- Demonstrated ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools
- Strong shop, lab, rapid prototyping, testing, and instrumentation skills
- Excellent project management and cooperative development skills.
- Focus, attention to detail, and requires minimal guidance to complete tasks
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- We'll provide equipment you need to work efficiently and creatively
- Paid parental leave, vacation time and sick time
- Catered lunches and open snack bar
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Full support to contribute to open source projects