At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense Systems Space Electronics Engineering organization is looking for an early career electrical engineer (Level 2), whose area of expertise includes RF/microwave/millimeter-wave electronics design, development, verification and test. This position offers a unique opportunity to lead fast-paced teams working complex technical challenges in support of satellite communications programs. Electrical Engineers will interact with other engineering disciplines, including mechanical engineering, systems engineering and specialty engineering, as well as production operations, and program management. This position requires an individual with excellent technical, communication, relationship-building skills, and electronic hardware production experience. The person in this position will report to the manager of RF Electronics in the Space Electronics organization.
** This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility **
- Execute design, verification and test projects for radio frequency, microwave, and millimeter wave electronics for space-based communication systems, including frequency converters, solid state power amplifiers, and low noise amplifiers
- Perform requirements and interface definition, design for test, hands-on testing, performance and design verification with minimal assistance
- Supervise technicians making RF/microwave/millimeter wave test measurements and review test results
- Resolve anomalies that occur during integration and test
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required skills/experience):
- Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics and 2 or more years’ experience is required.
- Two (2) or more years of technical experience in the field of RF electronics design and RF/Microwave/millimeter wave test
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
Preferred Qualifications (Desired skills/experience):
- Experience in ECAD tools (Microwave office, ADS, Ansys HFSS, Siwave, etc)
- Experience with microwave amplifier, converter, and filter design
- Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics and experience in a professional exempt engineering classification is preferred.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.