Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As a Quality Lead, you’ll lead the team responsible for delivering millions of awesome player experiences by improving Riot’s games and services throughout development. In this critical role, you’ll build and support a team of gamers, computer scientists, engineers, leaders and thinkers that are embedded in the Engineering, Production and Development teams to ensure high-quality standards and reliability for our creations. Your servant leadership philosophy, maniacal passion for games and eye for quality will help you lead and challenge a diverse crowd of Rioters and shepherd player-worthy creations from inception through reception.
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned your bachelor’s degree or have the equivalent real-world experience; you know that learning is a lifelong process and you read leadership, technical and industry books regularly and seek out fellow learners to talk shop
- Experienced: you’ve accumulated at least three years’ experience leading or managing a Quality Assurance team; XP in a game development studio is a big plus
- Knowledgeable: you know the ins and outs of all phases of QA game development with expertise in game, web or network QA (full 10,000 hours not required) - bonus points for specialized skillsets in tech and mobile; you’re a pro with software version control and are preferably agile or lean in your development approach
- Leadership material: you’re passionate about nurturing top talent and leveling up your own skills in leading, motivating and managing teams
- A problem assassin: you’re a skilled lateral thinker, pulling insight from other industries and free-associating yourself into unique perspectives on problems; your refined analytical and creative thinking skills help you solve the glitchiest of conundrums
- An exterminator: you bring extensive experience with bug management systems, bug tracking and bug reporting
- Technically optimized: you know software version control and are preferably agile or lean in your approach to development; the Capability Maturity Model might be taped to your refrigerator
- A communications pro: because effectively leading a team and championing the cause of players in a complex environment requires it, you communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you’re comfortable interfacing with Rioters of all disciplines and backgrounds
- Player-focused: as a gamer yourself, you listen to player needs and uphold player experience as the final checkpoint for the work you do
- Provide leadership and direction for QA Analysts and Development Interns
- Create test plans and facilitate team execution within an agile development framework
- Communicate risks, defects and coverage reports to development teams, turning potential problems into new accomplishments
- Provide QA signoff on product release readiness, promising awesome player experiences
- Integrate and collaborate, leading team and cross-team improvements in partnership with other QA Leads
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.