Quality Engineer at Weedmaps
As a Quality Engineer, you're responsible for performing tests to isolate and solve software product issues. You will collaborate extensively with product management and developers to understand, scope out, and execute tests. In addition, you will plan, initiate tests, analyze results, and communicate technical problems accordingly.
The impact you'll make:
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Identify test requirements from specifications & develop QA test plans
- Execute, document, and evaluate test cases and report test results
- Facilitate test plan/test case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Acquire SME knowledge & expertise and mentor supporting team members
- Act as a liaison with development, program management, and customer support
- Understand the technical layout of product and support deployment team through to delivery
- Involved in automation efforts and take ownership of automation of test cases for your team's regression and smoke tests
What you've accomplished:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3+ years in software testing in a web, GUI environment, or Mobile environment
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium and Appium
- Ability to work independently with systematic troubleshooting techniques, judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to think abstractly
- Knowledge and experience in technical aspects of software testing
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- Ability to adapt, plan, and organize in a constantly changing environment
- Must be proactive, meticulous, organized and detail oriented
- Experience with bug tracking and working in bug tracking systems like Bugzilla, Jira, etc.
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps team!