About This Role
The Quality Engineer will work as part of the Design Engineering team to proactively ensure the quality and appropriateness of internally built and externally sourced equipment, including working with suppliers to ensure specifications are met, appropriate materials of construction utilized, and all other quality / regulatory documentation is completed and provided in a timely manner. This position will also help draft Standard Operating Procedures, with a focus on identify critical to quality & critical to safety items. This work will focus on a varied range of types and sizes of equipment, including equipment used for the application of Apeel’s products, internal test equipment, and equipment used to monitor produce quality metrics.
What You’ll Do
- Work with other engineers to ensure new designs meet quality and regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary bridge between Apeel’s Quality / Regulatory team and the Design Engineering team
- Work with suppliers on custom designed and built equipment to ensure Apeel’s quality standards are met
- Oversee any critical component incoming inspection processes
- Oversee all quality / regulatory engineering documentation, including material certs of conformance, quality checklists, and functional test results.
- Recommend and lead process improvement efforts for improved equipment quality
- Help write and ensure Standard Operating Procedures include necessary safety and quality items
- Work with other engineers on the standardization of quality requirements related to hygienic and sanitary design
- Define and implement test plans and reviews to ensure quality of shipping equipment
- Work with Field Engineering to understand any ongoing field reliability or quality issues and work with other engineers to resolve issues
What You Bring
- A highly creative Quality Engineer with 5+ years of hands-on experience, in positions of increasing responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Quality, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or similar engineering or science field
- Experience working with agriculture / food processing equipment or similar industrial machinery, highly desirable
- Experience with food safety, hygienic or sanitary design, desired
- Knowledge and experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Experience working with engineers on new designs from concept to production
- Experience with 3D CAD design, preferably SolidWorks
- Hands-on experience with the assembly, testing, and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems
- Experience working with component suppliers to address component quality or reliability issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating forms, checklists, procedures and other quality or process documentation
- Ability to guide and influence quality best practices in a quick paced environment
- Self-directed but also works effectively and professionally with cross functional teams to achieve common Company goals
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.