Quality Analyst - Playtest, League of Legends
At Riot, we believe “QA” is more than the bug finding process that follows months of development work. For us it’s a set of values, practices and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists and designers to realize their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can deliver while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. This exciting opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach every single day to ensure we deliver the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
Quality Analysts are analytical champions for quality focused on testing extensively to ensure a holistic understanding of Riot’s projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riotous development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it’s their passion and love for LoL that ensures that Quality Analysts help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences on the battlefield.
As a Quality Analyst on the Playtest Team you will focus on testing upcoming gameplay experiences within League of Legends. You will work directly with developers to participate in, conduct, and strategically plan playtests for upcoming changes to LoL. You will work with projects in various states of development and create objective results that guide a variety of design decisions. You will be responsible for our understanding of how players will best utilize upcoming content and identifying when a design is being used in a destructive way, preventing players from experiencing that pain. You will work on a team with highly passionate gamers that live a breathe games, theorycrafting and competing in them.
- Play High-Level (Diamond+) games on Summoner's Rift
- Provide actionable feedback, communicating how effectively a change does or doesn't accomplish a specific goal
- Consider the differences and perspectives between tiers of players when giving feedback on champions or mechanics
- Perform static analysis of in-game stats on game systems to inform testing priorities
- Identify and report bugs you encounter during playtests
- Follow up with existing bugs, making sure they're fixed
- Triage emergent gameplay styles and trends in LoL
- Minimum Diamond Rank in LoL (Diamond+)
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional work experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- Demonstrably strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrably strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Clear penchant for eagerly listening to constructive feedback, internalizing it, and striving to step up your game.
- A history of embracing new challenges with entrepreneurial enthusiasm; considering every misstep an important learning experience
- Clear nature of curiosity toward problems. You should quickly jump in to understand and solve them; figuring out the "why" and "how" of things is part of your nature
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).