QA Specialist at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
HopSkipDrive is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to support an agile engineering team. You will report to the QA Manager and will work closely with product managers and software engineers to test, iterate, and approve features to ensure every release happens on time. Candidates should have a strong interest in software development, technology, and the testing process as well as exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Testing new features and providing feedback to the product/engineering team
- Writing and maintaining efficient, thorough test cases
- Coordinating and managing feature releases with product/engineering
- Learning and mastering the inner workings of all HopSkipDrive products
- Reproducing bugs and other issues reported by customers and uncovering problems and/or defects before launch
- Creatively testing the product and creating clear and articulate bug reports
- Advocating for testability during the design process, allowing for better automation
- Ensuring that critical bugs are reviewed and prioritized in advance of releases
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to deliver high quality product requirements
- 1-2 years of experience in quality engineering and/or software development
- Strong experience in developing and documenting test plans, test cases, and reporting bugs for complex features
- Experience with bug tracking systems and the bug life cycle
- Familiarity with command line tools such as CURL to make API requests is a strong plus
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails is strongly desired
- Familiarity with source control systems like Git is a plus
- Motivated to learn and grow: this position exposes the candidate to all aspects of the product, from development through end-user adoption
- Excellent communication skills
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.