WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
Versus is looking for an experienced QA lead with strong leadership skills and an ability to work cross-functionally. You'll spearhead QA initiatives across all product development here at Versus, ensuring the integrity of the Versus platform, our white-label solution comprised of a set of complex APIs, web applications, libraries and tools that allows game developers and our brand partners to offer unique, prize-based matches to their players.
We're a fast-growing team with a strong product focus. We value collaboration and creativity - every single engineer, product designer, and member of our team contributes to the roadmap of the company.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING . . .
QA is part of a holistic approach to improving the quality management of our products and includes reactive quality control and testing, and proactive processes and technologies. As a QA Lead you will be responsible for continuously evaluating and improving our tools, technologies, and processes as we plan for the long term.
As a QA lead you will be responsible for the overall quality management of all products at Versus. You will help define and build a scalable QA strategy that aligns with engineering goals and be responsible for partnering with engineering leadership to build a high performing QA team, promoting testing best-practices, acting as a domain expert in partnership with product and engineering to educate the team, and implementing quality initiatives for existing and new products. Your core focus will be working closely with engineering and design to ensure the business is successful in delivering high-quality, performant software to market consistently and efficiently.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- 5+ years in software testing
- 2+ years in a QA leadership role, building and leading teams
- The ability and experience for knowing when and how to apply blackbox, whitebox, and/or greybox testing, as they pertain to the overall quality of software
- A strong understanding of software development lifecycles and project management methodologies for determining clear acceptance criteria and definitions of done
- A proven track record for building, maintaining, and executing complex test plans and release plans for mobile and web based applications that your application references fully support
- Experience working with automation in software testing
- The knowledge and experience necessary for defining and optimizing for quality metrics like defect rates, regression rates, and test coverage in both automated and manual environments
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE . . .
Versus makes games more fun - not once, but over and over. We value diversity & inclusion, empathy for our colleagues and our partners, and curiosity to explore and learn new things.
We offer competitive salaries, equity packages, medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, flexible hours, paid maternity and paternity leave, and paid vacation time that we encourage you to actually take.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Flexible work day schedule
- Matched 401(K)