PeerStreet is an award-winning, Andreessen-Horowitz backed, platform focused on democratizing access to real estate debt. What we’re working on at PeerStreet will ultimately change mortgage finance! PeerStreet is a leading online platform for investing in real estate backed loans (www.PeerStreet.com).
You will be part of a fast-paced, driven environment and an integral part of our growing Engineering team. We are agile and deploy code to production multiple times per day. As such, there is a great need for QA to be a deeply embedded part of the engineering team so we’re able to stay ahead of upcoming changes and prioritize on a continuous basis. Our business hinges on the trust of our customers so it is critical that we execute high-quality releases and deploy with confidence.
We are looking for a highly talented QA Engineer with a strong technical background and one who is passionate about being a complete product expert and learning new skills. As a member of a growing QA team, you will be instrumental in ensuring high-quality standards for all of our deployments, as well as helping improve the QA process, metrics, test plans and tools selection. As the in-house expert on our public and internal systems, you’ll have the chance to work with, and add value to, all parts of the organization.
- Design, develop and execute functional test cases that ensure the software meets the intended requirements and quality standards.
- Ability to isolate defects effectively and provide specific steps to reproduce.
- Work closely with the product team to understand product specifics and to create a corresponding test plan, quality standards, and strategies for the project.
- Participate in improving test processes, propose new ideas on how to improve customer satisfaction and quality of product.
- Document and classify defects in a defect tracking tool.
- Assist the operations and customer service teams in their daily activities.
- Maintain and create test case documentation.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Ensure that all best QA practices and enterprise standards are followed.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience in QA or engineering in a software development company.
- Experience in both functional/black-box testing and white/grey-box testing.
- Insatiable thirst for new knowledge and acquiring new skills.
- Excellent communication with the ability to simplify and convey complex issues to stakeholders across the company.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Understanding of database concepts & SQL.
- Experience with automation (Selenium, RSpec, Capybara, etc)
- Experience in financial services sector
- We offer a competitive salary & equity, medical, flexible vacation and an awesome team.
PeerStreet is an award-winning software platform for investing in real estate debt, acting as a two-sided marketplace that serves both investors and private lenders. Much like Amazon and Airbnb have aligned buyers and sellers through their marketplace, PeerStreet does the same, connecting investors with unprecedented access to quality real estate investments and lenders with global, diversified capital sources.
We’re a private financial technology company backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Thomvest, and Felicis Ventures, among others. Founded in 2013, PeerStreet continues to grow at a rapid pace, and has already funded well over $2 billion in loans through our platform. We strive to ensure our best-in-class company culture grows with us by investing in our employees so they can perform at their best. And we walk the walk, with company equity, unlimited PTO, full health coverage, company-wide celebrations (in and out of the office), and more. So join us at our sunny headquarters in El Segundo, CA, and help us transform the real estate investing industry—forever and for the better.
Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism. Never ending desire to learn and improve.
Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship (H1B transfers okay).