QA Automation Engineer at Hallmark Labs
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark’s deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Who we are:
Hallmark Labs (a subsidiary of Hallmark), based in Santa Monica, CA, is the parent company of three digital subscription services; HallmarkMoviesNow.com (a subscription video on demand service) and HallmarkeCards.com (a digital social expression service), and Out of the Box (a Print on Demand digital greetings card service). We're leveraging Hallmark's experience creating meaningful, emotional connections, and rapidly progressing a century old, privately-owned, American brand to the forefront of the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Who we think would be a fit:
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer who not only loves building high quality software, but is also passionate about getting stuff done. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products.
What you'll do:
- Write readable, maintainable, high performance automation scripts
- Write design and functional specifications for use in testing
- Prepare estimates for assigned tasks and complete all work according to schedule and quality requirements
- Provide ongoing feedback on deliverables
- Acquire knowledge necessary to perform job assignments (technology, product and process)
- Document and share technical information and processes
- Build & improve our automated testing system
- Have experience with enterprise system
- Be able to quickly learn complex, highly configurable application software by yourself
- Effectively communicate with product and design during new feature reviews and throughout product development
- Work with QA, Product and Development to automate test cases
- Provide team leadership to continuously review and improve test methodologies, strategies, tools and measurement of these processes
- Possess strong Agile skills
- Work closely with the Agile Team to develop comprehensive automated test suites providing maximum test coverage in the most efficient manner
- Create test plans and improve test automation strategies
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Have outstanding written and oral communication
What you Need:
- 3+ years of software testing experience
- 1+ years of experience coding in any programming or scripting language (preferably Python)
Nice to Have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong background in automation development
- Development experience Python, Selenium WebDriver, Apache JMeter
- Experience with Mobile automation – using Appium
- Development experience with writing performance testing automation is a plus. Desire to use those skills in validating software quality
- Knowledge of web servers, application servers, and SQL Server databases
- Development experience in creating automation framework and training team members to use it
- Experience with using Version Control System, like GIT
- API, JSON and data automation testing
- Must possess excellent overall attention to detail, quality and customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience testing APIs / Microservices and troubleshooting related issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a progressive role that will be filled at the level based on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
You must show how you meet the basic qualifications (listed below) in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.