Lumi helps ecommerce brands produce memorable and sustainable packaging through our online platform and worldwide network of factories. Tens of millions of packages are being shipped every year with Lumi products.
By joining Lumi you will have a front row seat to the rapidly changing way people buy things, and the supply chain behind everything that gets shipped to your doorstep. Learn more →
We’re transforming the custom manufacturing and packaging industries by building new tools that allow our customers to reach a previously untapped network of global manufacturers. Our goal is to enable seamless collaboration between our clients, business users, and manufacturing partners in order to deliver beautiful, cost effective, and sustainable packaging solutions.
As a QA Analyst on our Digital Products team, you’ll have the ability to work across several new products and features that will drive the next phase of growth for our company. You will be primarily responsible for defining, building, and maintaining our manual testing framework, with the goal of increasing the stability and correctness of our production software. You will develop and execute a manual test suite with the aim of minimizing the expected failure rate of our software going into our production environment.
As Lumi’s first full-time QA hire, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the vision and direction of all software testing needs at Lumi. Your work will directly impact our ability to design new experiences for our clients, improve the workflows across our teams, and create new platforms for our partners.
- Work with the development team to define acceptance criteria for our releases
- Work with the product team to extend our product specification to include testing documentation
- Investigate technologies for manual and automated testing
- Perform manual testing of web applications and related backend applications and systems
- Create Test Plans outlining test approach and risk mitigation
- Create and document Test Cases based on product requirements
- Execute Test Plans and Test Cases
- Log and report test results
- Write detailed defect reports and work with development to assist with troubleshooting, resolution and validation
- Support release process and perform production site verification testing
- Define and execute user acceptance testing plans in order to ensure the successful roll out of new products & features
- 3-5 years industry experience in software quality assurance
- Familiarity and/or desire to learn about the packaging supply chain industry
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Linux bash/sed/awk and comfortable executing commands involving directory navigation, directory listing and program execution
- Ability to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Experience running automated tests
- Understanding of the architecture around web applications (web server, client/server communication, databases, proxy, etc.)
- Ability to execute SQL Queries and to make simple changes to existing ones
- Experience with Microsoft Command Prompt/Powershell/Terminal and ability to execute commands involving directory navigation, directory listing and program execution
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
What we look for
Our team is made up of people from diverse backgrounds, often working remotely across the world. We believe cross-pollination is one of the best ways to foster community and new ideas. For that reason we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to any of our positions.
Creating a great environment for everyone on the team is something we care deeply about. There are a few qualities we look for in anyone joining Lumi. Here are some of the questions we'll be asking ourselves when reviewing your application:
Curiosity: Your role will evolve as time goes on. Do you have an eagerness to learn new skills, adapt to new situations and get out of your comfort zone?
Communication: Whether it is in written or spoken form, are you able to communicate clearly and concisely with others?
Empathy: Do you collaborate well with others? How do you deal with disagreements? Do you relate to the challenges we seek to solve for our customers?
Work ethic: Do you have a can-do attitude? In the ever-moving world of logistics, will you do your best to not keep others waiting? Can we rely on you to bring rigor and enthusiasm necessary to your work?
Good taste: Are you attentive to details? Do you care about creating an elegant, pleasant experience for customers and those around you?
Note that due to the volume of applications we are not able to reply to everyone. Rest assured, we do read every application. Thanks for considering us!