Propulsion Engineer at Anduril
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist in research and development regarding design of aircraft engines, engine components, advanced combustion and fuel injection systems.
- Specify, design, fabricate, install, and test prototype components and control systems.
- Specify, design, and install instrumentation on test assets for data acquisition.
- Collect, organize, and post-process test data to generate test reports with conclusions with recommendations for further work.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities, including process improvement, efficiency improvement and development of data analysis techniques
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Exposure to testing of engines, or powertrain components.
- Practical experience with diagnostics monitoring, failure detection and data analysis.
- Mechatronics experience; sensor selection, design and assembly of actuators, setup of data acquisition systems, assemble wire harnesses and debug/troubleshoot systems.
- Experience designing mechanical parts (CAD). Understanding of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, composites, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
- Experience procuring parts and working in a machine shop. Working knowledge of machine safety and shop safety protocols.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Knowledge and experience working with Engine Management Systems (EMS), OEM or motorsport.
- Understanding of engine dynamometer operation including testing practices, instrumentation, and calculations
- Practical or professional experience with internal combustion engines.