Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Site Reliability Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Site Reliability Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership: You will drive deployment excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for differentiating open-source initiatives, and lead the development of new open-source SRE/Infrastructure platform tools (e.g. Envoy, Helm).
- Work side-by-side with product development teams and SREs to automate and mass-rollout new standardized service platforms for product code.
- Be recognized as a champion for idempotent infrastructure-as-code.
- Take ownership in the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall success of the SaaS environment.
- Ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
- Educate and drive global adoption of automation and orchestration principles, and create eagerness to automate, wherever and whenever the possibility arises.
- Lead reviews of site reliability processes, such as testing, CI/CD, and release management. Provide unwavering support & collaboration for the software/qa engineers on SaaS projects.
- Ensure that new and existing products support automated deployment, and remote execution-based remediation scripts.
- Lead improvement in the testing of functionality, operability, deployment, and performance for application or infrastructure changes.
- Mentor and coach junior site reliability engineers, and be a driver for change and DevOps adoption across the broader organization.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years combined experience as a Software Engineer and DevOps Engineer
- Demonstrated experience leading automating infrastructure/application systems deployment and configuration
- 5+ years supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant environment
- Expert with AWS services (certified SysOps Administrator or Solutions Architect preferred)
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course correct as needed
- Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Ability to consistently evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Substantial experience in many of the following technologies, with demonstrated expertise and the capacity to lead complex technical initiatives in at least one of the related domains:
- Infrastructure/cloud automation tooling (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g. Consul, Envoy, Istio, etcd)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Spinnaker)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Configuration and Security Management (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt, Vault, KMS)
- Networking protocol knowledge (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Demonstrated experience leading/contributing significantly to an open-source infrastructure/application platform initiative a big plus (e.g. Kubernetes/Istio/etc. upstream commits)
- Technical Certifications are a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.