Principal DevOps Engineer at Supernatural
We are Supernatural! Recognized by TIME as one of the Best Inventions of 2020, Fast Company’s Best App, and covered in the New York Times, Supernatural is a next-generation fitness experience in VR with real coaches, stunning natural environments, music from major record labels, and new workouts released every day. Available now on Oculus Quest and Quest 2.
Developed by a team of passionate world-class experience designers, choreographers, game developers, trainers, and physical fitness experts, Supernatural is a dynamic, immersive experience that is always adapting to your needs, personalized for you - available on-demand in your home.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team and take our cloud infrastructure global!
At Supernatural we move fast in a rigorous and creative environment. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable with exploring unfamiliar infrastructure and tools and testing their usage, and taking initiative in solving tough problems. You will be a core team member responsible for developing and building out our global server infrastructure.
The impact you'll make:
- Develop and implement architectural solutions to enable the continued rapid growth of our user base
- Improve CI/CD processes to facilitate quick iteration by our developers
- Assist developers and management in understanding the pros and cons of infrastructural changes
- Ensure secure access to cloud-based infrastructure is provided to all remote employees who need it
- Initially maintain, and ultimately replace “pets” with “cattle”
What you'll need to be successful:
- Strong (5+ years) multi-region & multi-account cloud infrastructure design, management and deployment experience in AWS
- 2+ years of software development experience in one or more general-purpose programming languages for server-side development
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Experience using build and deployment tools, e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Elastic Container Registry, Google Cloud Build, Drone
- Highly organized and analytical with a critical eye
- Experience working collaboratively with a professional team
- Experience working on short-timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive Linux system administration experience
- Knowledge of Git and declarative infrastructure
- Strong experience with various backend storage mechanisms, e.g. EBS, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, DynamoDB
- Knowledge of Elastic Beanstalk, and experience with Kubernetes
- Strong cloud-based networking experience, including VPCs, load balancers, etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based security mechanisms, e.g. IAM, security groups, Secrets Manager, Certificate Manager, WAF, and AWS Shield
- Experience working on cross-disciplinary, art, programming, production, and technology teams
- Passion for VR/AR
- Experience working with a start-up
- Strong DBA (Postgres on RDS) skills
- Experience with Kinesis, Pub/Sub, and BigTable
- Experience with ArgoCD & flux
- Experience with CDNs such as CloudFront and Cloudflare
- Experience integrating with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch and Grafana
- Experience managing a DevOps team
At Supernatural, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Supernatural is committed to bringing together individuals from all different backgrounds and perspectives, however applicants from agencies as well as corporation to corporation work will not be considered at this time.