Power Systems Engineering Lead at Anduril
What You'll Do
- Lead all power systems hardware development and activities, including development of battery packs for flying vehicles and ground products, across all Anduril products from concept prototypes to serial production.
- Responsible for the engineering of battery systems for drone products that scale in size from small handheld drones to much larger ones, with constraints for operating and storage in harsh environments, where safety and reliability must be maintained in demanding applications.
- Responsible for the engineering of battery and power systems for high-power and high-energy stationary storage, ground-based products, where generators, AC/DC conversion, load switching, and various complex power distribution challenges are a part of developing highly integrated systems.
- Experience with high energy density, low temperature, and high discharge rate battery chemistries for cylindrical, prismatic, and pouch cells.
- Ability to drive key design, sourcing, and manufacturing decisions, including decision-making surrounding make vs. buy, vendor selection, and contract manufacturing.
- Ability to drive critical decision-making around facilities, equipment, and planning of key investments in capital equipment for development, manufacturing, and test.
- Ownership of critical safety processes surrounding batteries and high-power systems for development, manufacturing, and in the field.
- Experience in safety requirement definition with understanding of hazard and control measure analysis with relevant working experiences on safety critical systems (including hardware and software)
- Key leadership in FMEA, functional safety, design for test, and design for manufacturing processes.
- Solid high voltage and high-power working experience with the ability to take leadership at a company-level and drive individuals and teams towards safety in a variety of lab and field situations.
- Background in battery systems, BMS control logic, HV power converter topologies, DCDC, HV/LV fault management, creepage/clearance, and cell separation.
- MS or PhD in Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in Powertrain, Batteries, or Power Systems (Automotive, Aerospace, Consumer Product) with demonstrable production implementations
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role with experience managing engineering reports.
- Broad industry and vendor network and proven ability to interface with and manage suppliers.
- Subject matter expert in HV battery systems.
- Knowledge of the typical manufacturing processes and standard operating procedures relating to HV assemblies.