Postgresql Database Administrator/Developer
Greater LA Area
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need it. While the multibillion dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, their three-core product sets stay focused on 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
If you are a team player and innovative thinker, if you like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment, this is the right place for you!
CAREER OPPORTUNITY: OnPoint Global is seeking an enterprise developer interested in building business intelligence and analytics systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for technologies that include, but not be limited to, data cubes (Pentaho, SSAS), relational databases (Postgres, SQL Server), web services (C#), graph databases, document databases, and custom file manipulation processes. This is a cross-enterprise position with the goal of providing complete visibility and access to all data, for all business users, through a single seamless interface. If you are interested in personally building high-visibility applications sitting on top of billions of records worth of data, then this position will provide you with the challenge you desire.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Software Engineer - Reporting, Tracking, Diagnostics (C#, Postgres)
- Work with the business to identify reporting requirements and design.
- Translate reporting requirements into the proper set of events to be dropped by applications.
- Modify C# applications to drop appropriate events
- Configure enterprise data warehouse to aggregate events into rollup tables
- Write stored procedures to produce desired reports from rollup tables
- Verify and maintain reports
- Suggest report modifications to highlight key performance indicators
- Work with UI team to identify reporting controls and presentation/visualization
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical/Dental/Vision plans, long-term disability, short-term disability and life -insurance, 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid vacation and personal time off
- Casual and fun office environment
- Culture that promotes professional growth and development
- Team-oriented work space
Read Full Job Description