Platform Security Engineer at Postmates Inc.
Postmates runs one of the largest real-time delivery fleets in the country. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user-generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service, all in minutes.
As an Platform Security Engineer, you will be responsible for securing the Postmates platform and infrastructure. We’re looking for an engineer who is well versed in current cryptographic techniques, authentication, and other aspects of network / cloud infrastructure security.What you’ll do:
- Design and implement tooling to secure self service infrastructure
- Design and deploy infrastructure for PKI, secure networking, logging, detection, etc.
- Identify architectural deficiencies and develop / implement vulnerability mitigation strategies to address them
- Lead security awareness and training with other engineering teams to foster a culture of security on every team
- Instrument systems and the network infrastructure to understand network flow / traffic flow, and detect intrusions
- Help harden our infrastructure to avoid exploits and privilege escalation
- Become a foundational member of the Postmates security team, setting the course for security within Postmates for years to come
- 3+ years experience working with cloud infrastructure, IAM, network and security policies
- 3+ years in automating security testing and developing new tools
- 3-5 years of experience in penetration testing
- Knowledge of cloud security architecture (GCP, AWS)
- Knowledge of current cryptographic algorithms and techniques
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) required
- An ability to work independently on complex projects
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan (stay aligned with the long-term value you create)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Tasty, healthy lunches and snacks (mostly healthy, but very tasty)
- Impact-first work environment (no politics, no pandering)
- Huge company vision (we need you to build the future, not just maintain the status quo)
- Awesome office in San Francisco close to mass transit