Come join one of the fastest growing firms in the US!
We are seeking a Printed Circuit Board Designer that will drive the development of industry-leading LED lighting solutions through high-quality layout practice that will differentiate EcoSense’s capabilities in speed to market, build to order manufacturing accuracy, and product quality.
The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background designing printed power electronics and mixed analog and high-speed digital circuit boards per engineering requirements.
We are not focused on constricting rules and wasteful processes so you will bring demonstrated experience to imaginatively address assignments of all complexity levels. We value the ability to collaborate, learn and provide the freedom necessary for each person to do their work, with the expectation that we will get high performance in return.
The candidate will demonstrate self-motivation and own the execution of project/program tasks, confidently challenge traditional conventions and recommend new effective approaches.
Deliverables may require extensive technical analysis and inventive design recommendations for cost-effective resolutions. Contributions may lead to new ideas that support the generation of intellectual property.
This position is the nexus between the concept and vision of the design engineers and the new product introduction mass manufacturing team with great impact on the beauty of the product and the bottom line of the company.
- Collaborating with engineers and design teams in the design and development of complex, detailed layouts of FR4 and metal core printed circuit board.
- All designs have tight mechanical and thermal constraints with signal integrity and EMI/EMC challenges
- The PCB Designer will also be responsible for Parts management including creating and maintaining the parts database and researching and suggesting alternate parts as needed.
- Work with multiple design teams to plan schedules, resolve costs, packaging, manufacturing, and electrical design issues.
- Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering design team for resolution and implementation.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Electronics Technology or equivalent work experience along with 7 years’ minimum experience in designing printed circuit boards, multilayer, digital, high speed, analog, power supplies, high current, thick copper, high voltage, FR4 PCBs and MCPCB.
Proficiency with Altium designer
- Schematic symbols and PCB footprint library management practices as needed
- Experience with Agile product development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion (SVN) and/or GIT version control repositories are nice to have
- Possess proficient knowledge of the IPC guidelines
- Strong skills in problem-solving, communication, personal effectiveness, quality, and common sense.
- Must be detail oriented and a team player.
- Can work effectively and professionally with others.
- Self-starter, motivated
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. This position is not eligible for sponsorship.