New Graduate Software Engineer (Spring/Summer 2019)
Clutter is an on-demand, physical storage and moving, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform, enabling us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $100M from a number of VCs, including Sequoia Capital, Atomico and GV, formerly Google Ventures. We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
We are looking talented, results-oriented, and passionate Software Engineers! At Clutter, you’ll be working at one of LA’s fastest growing startups and learn from some of the best and brightest Product and Engineering minds in SoCal. As a Software Engineer, you’ll contribute by working on one of our internally built platforms - including a VOIP call center, custom CRM, Order Management System, logistics mobile/web apps. You’ll start off in one of the following pods and have the ability to rotate during your tenure to maximize your development.
- Lead Generation - Build features and testing experiences that enable us to understand consumer behavior and interest to make sure Clutter (and storage more broadly) are accessible to as many people as possible
- Supply Chain - Optimize the process of picking up, storing & returning customer items, leveraging predictive analytics to optimize our warehouse automation and organization
- Growth - Build a revenue yield management system that is integrated across pricing, promotions, and customer acquisition
- Customer Experience - Generate customer facing web applications that augment the Clutter service we deliver in customer’s homes
As a Software Engineer - you will:
- Develop your software engineering skills to actively contribute to key projects that have direct impact on the business
- Join a small but quickly growing core team of Engineers building web and mobile applications and developing our vertically integrated solutions from the ground up
- Write performant and testable code - building with high-performance, scalability, and fault-tolerance in mind
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other cross-functional business units to engineer new product features as we launch into new markets
What we’re looking for:
- Strong CS fundamentals through a pursuit of a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related technical field from a top university
- Some programming experience (either in class, in your personal time, or at a job/internship)
- Adaptable and quick learner with a growth mentality who thrives in ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills & strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability