Mid-Level Propulsion & Nacelle Service Engineer at Boeing (Greater LA Area, CA)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking a Mid-Level Propulsion Service Engineer in Seal Beach, CA. The Associate Service Engineer, will be a part of the Propulsion service engineering organization. The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and resolving in-service issues related to propulsion & nacelle systems and predictive/proactive projects for all in-service Boeing-owned Propulsion items.
In this role, you will also be tasked with: working directly with airline customers to analyze propulsion system issues, writing technical documents to inform airline customers of status/resolution, monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team's discretion and could potentially change in the future.
- Respond to customer technical service requests.
- Assessing and resolving product/process issues through the product life-cycle.
- Leading research of technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designing and/or providing analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Working with and possibly directing cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex design non-conformance.
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Writes documentation of hardware related problems.
- Participates in activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems and provides other support of fielded hardware over the entire product life-cycle.
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Coordinate with suppliers, customers, and internal groups to meet customer needs.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3 or more years of experience in Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 or more years' experience in Commercial Airplane Structural Design or Repair
- Experience with customer support
- Knowledge of airplane operating environments
- Ability to work across functional teams and organizations
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Willingness to expand into technical areas without prior experience
- Desire to continuously improve our airplanes
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
This is a non-union position.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $100,300 - $135,700
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.