Our team combines seasoned aerospace engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace the best practices from Silicon Valley innovation, such as agile development. We also deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP, and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: This is an exciting role in a growing company. The ideal candidate for the position is someone who has experience packaging and mounting circuit boards in automotive or aerospace products. This person will be in charge of packaging at the printed circuit board level, the assembly level (multiple boards), the module level (assemblies integrated into an overall enclosure), and the system level (a group of modules packaged into a system).
- Design packaging solutions for electronics at any one of multiple levels in assembly stack
- Using computer aided design tools to design packaging solutions
- Analyze thermal, vibration, environmental and other mechanical aspects of packaged solution
- Manage fabrication and assembly of packaged solution
- Interface with electrical engineers, systems engineers, manufacturing engineers for machine shop and electronic fabrication
- Interface with quality assurance engineers to develop solutions to resolve discrepancies with hardware fabrication
- 10+ years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Packaging experience with commercial or military electronics, especially RF components
- Experience taking electronics packaging designs from concept through completion, including: test, evaluation and certification
- Experienced in CAD design (Solidworks or related) and drawing creation (GD&T)
- Experienced in various manufacturing techniques (traditional and additive), including CNC parts, sheet metal fabrication and molded parts
- Experienced in design/analysis iteration process, including expert level comfort with hand calculations
- US Citizen and/or Permanent Resident (future security clearance may be required)
- Familiar with CFD programs (Solidworks FlowSim or related) and / or FEA programs (Solidworks Simulation or related)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative; capable of working across all levels of the organization
- Organized; comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description