Manufacturing Engineer, Electronic Assembly
Ecosense is a successful, rapidly growing LED technology company based in Los Angeles. Our purpose is to invent, inspire, and defy expectations through the lens of technology and the power of light. From Bloomingdales and BMW, to Harry Winston and Mall of Emirates, we light the most beautiful spaces in the world. We hire curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team. If you want to push boundaries in your field, then this is the place for you.
The primary role of the Manufacturing Engineer is to develop the production guidelines for manufacturing products with component suppliers and contract manufacturing (CM) partners. Review and change the processes to continuously improve throughput and quality.
Production Support Duties:
- Evaluate and understand the company’s products detailed construction and materials requirements and the manufacturing methods used to produce each component, sub assembly and finished product.
- Evaluate and develop manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from supplier’s production staff.
- Leads the project through multiple development and evaluation stages
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, equipment layout and selection of automation equipment
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Improve product design for manufacturing and cost(DFx) through Providing feedback as process engineer and subject leadership in cross-functional programs.
- Maintains product and company reputation by ensuring the supplier partners comply with government/regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that supplier partners keep equipment operational and compliant to process requirements by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Ensures that supplier product and process database (related to production and quality) are updated and maintained accurately.
- Completes NPI projects by developing process requirements, work instructions, training guidelines, performing process audits and final sign off. Drive the material Clear-To-Build (CTB) review with factory
- Resolve ops issues with factory and supply chain
- Work closely with CM to detect and resolve quality problems during NPI and mass production stage
- Implement preventive task on product quality, such as monitor CM's KPIs on Rolled Throughput Yield (YRTP), Outgoing QC DPPM, IQC, field failure, routing or unannounced Production Line Audit tasks
- Participate in setup of product quality plan, production test plan, process capability study, quality control documents and follow up implementation results with CM
- Works cross functionally with Product Engineering, Logistics, Customer Operations/Order Management, QA and Demand Planning
- BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or 10 years of working experience in the related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience in New Product Introduction, interfacing with new product development, manufacturing, supply chain, and quality to ensure smooth product start-ups in a factory environment. 5+ years desired.
- Demonstrated success in hands-on problem solving in product NPI and mass production.
- Lean manufacturing environment experience preferred.
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers desired. Willing to travel to CM when needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to speak and write in English. Ability to communicate in Spanish preferred.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Team player.
A detailed and compelling compensation package will be outlined for the selected candidate.