Manager, Software Engineering
Manager, Software Engineering
The internet is experiencing a transformation – ad blindness and blocking are forcing media companies and advertisers to rethink the way they connect with consumers. This evolution is changing the way we consume content and how we interact with brands. Nativo is enabling this shift by developing the new technologies, data insights, and best practices that will power this next generation of media and advertising.
Who are you?
Do you have experience working with high-availability, large-scale applications and like tackling big challenges? The Manager, Software Engineering will be spearheading the efforts to develop our native advertising SaaS platform, which serves premium publishers and brands. We want people who have a passion for leveraging technology to solve problems and maximize productivity and efficiency.
Our current stack includes: Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy, Redis, ElasticSearch, MSSQL/PostgreSQL, Celery, Vue.js and AngularJS, D3, Bootstrap, LESS, and Grunt
What you'll do:
- Mentors and manages a team of 5+ full stack python and UI engineers.
- Lead the design and architecture of our core SaaS platform and related services
- Organize work for team and contribute daily to the codebase
- Manage code reviews, sprint demos, and retrospectives
- Work in an agile environment with two-week sprints
- Work with the product team and stakeholders to build the best possible product
- Coordinate with other engineering teams to insure our systems have zero downtime
- Interviews and hires new engineers as needed
What you need:
- At least 2 years proven experience of managing an engineering team
- More than 7 years of experience in developing web applications
- Extensive experience with Python and Python libraries/frameworks such as Flask, SQL, Alchemy, etc.
- Ability to work in an agile, startup environment is required
- Experience in SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL) and No-SQL databases (Redis, Elastic)
- Experience developing in a Cloud environment, preferably with AWS
- Git and Git workflow is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with open source products
- Ability to execute on ideas and influence decision making in a clear and effective manner
- Understanding of software engineering best practices and object-oriented designs
What we offer:
At Nativo, you make an immediate impact. Nativo is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform digital advertising. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes stock options, health coverage, employer-matched 401k, cutting edge work, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
Nativo, the leading content advertising technology platform, empowers brand advertisers and publishers to reach consumers and measure their engagement with content. For brands, Nativo provides the ultimate technology for intelligently deploying content at scale. For media companies, Nativo is a complete tech stack built from the bottom-up to deliver content and native placements within publisher sites. From the hands and minds of an amazing team, Nativo has engineered a platform that has been recognized as the best available in the market. Nativo is respected, well-funded, and is recognized as one of top tech companies to work for. Nativo is well-positioned to play a vital role forging the path of media and advertising in the coming years. The opportunity to join a team that is making a huge impact is now.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Nativo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, or to any Nativo employees. Nativo will not pay fees to any third part agency firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes.