Manager, Software Development
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
Job Summary: As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for creating a framework and structure to quickly grow your team and scale the software development processes to deliver complex projects quickly and with high quality. You will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and mentoring for multiple software engineering teams.
● Establish and stimulate software development standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high quality software
● Must be able to mentor all levels
● Work closely with the other teams to optimize system architecture and project efficiency
● Partner with our Product Owner to plan work and prioritization
● Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
● Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
● Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
● Provide regular updates on projects and team performance
● Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
● Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
● Must supervise their team’s personnel matters: scheduling resources, time off requests, recognition on a timely and consistent basis
● Monitor team members productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching as needed
● Responsible for performance management of their team members (quarterly feedback)
● Work with HR in hiring and training top talent for their teams
● Recruit, hire, mentor, and motivate a high performing team. Evaluate employee performance, set expectations and goals for staff members.
● Manage and execute software development projects from beginning to finish.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Required:
● Solid communication skills
● Strong knowledge of system architecture, best practices and design patterns
● Ability to inspire team
● Expert knowledge of and ability to communicate software architecture and design principles
● Expert in writing testable software
● Proficient with Object Oriented programming
● Experience leading a team
● Experience with agile development methodologies
● Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
● Writes and implements quality procedures.
● Must be able to manage the team’s day to day matters: scheduling resources, time off requests, feedback on a timely consistent basis
● Experience effectively working with remote teams
● Experience with user interface design and prototyping
● Experience with e-commerce
Requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience with software development, design patterns, software architecture
Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred