Manager, DevOps at BlackLine
The DevOps Manager will primarily conduct and orchestrate software delivery activities around automation tools for our customer facing teams. He/she will be hands on, participating in development of automation tools, customer migrations as per need of the business. The DevOps Manager will also provide guidance for the team, mentoring and provide technical expertise to fellow team members.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage a distributed team of DevOps Engineers.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and other HR activates for each direct report
- Participate in the interview process for prospective new team members.
- Monitor and manage the FCS Tools Automation ticketing queue (JIRA).
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to direct reports.
- Perform RCA for various issues related to internal incidents and carry-out action items.
- Create and maintain tools automations using Jenkins and Powershell.
- Perform client migrations within local datacenter and client migrations to our various clouds.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement.
- Adhere to existing operational processes and maintain operational documentation.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 7+ years
Education: BS, EE or CS Degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Prior experiencing managing full-time employees in a remote/distributed environment.
- Hands-on experience with a Distributed Version Control System such as Git or Mercurial.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of at least two of the following programming languages: C#, Ruby, Python, Groovy, PowerShell, Java.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment.
- Intermediate level knowledge of IIS and Windows Server.
- Intermediate level knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with a subset of: Chef, Puppet, RabbitMQ, Redis, Microservices, Consul, Vagrant, ELK, Akamai, OWIN, Katana.
- Good general familiarity with current theory and best practices in the DevOps community.
- Knowledge of test automation solutions and technologies such as Selenium, NUnit and POM.
- Knowledge of information security principles and relevant technologies such as SSL, GPG, and SAML.
- Experience with various cloud providers such as GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Previous hands-on experience with Powershell.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools such as Chef or Puppet.
- Experience operating production systems.
- Knowledge of new container technologies such as Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes
- The ideal candidate will have a background in software development.
- 3+ years’ experience as a hands-on manager over DevOps or similar
- 3-5 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- 3-5 years’ experience in PowerShell or similar programming/scripting language
- Able to work in a remote / distributed environment
- Participate in on-call rotation