Linux System Administrator
Greater LA Area
The future of publishing and e-commerce is data. OnPoint is a leading data-driven, online publisher and service based e-commerce provider. Leveraging premium and contextual domain names combined with original content and large audiences, OnPoint is building a robust, highly monetizable "Signal Graph."
OnPoint’s proprietary content products focus on the How-To, DIY (Do-It-Yourself), and DIFM (Do-It-For-Me) markets with a strong consumer value proposition. With more consumer data, we are able to increase the LTV of their signal data and put services in front of the right people at the point in their lives when they need it. While the multibillion dollar service-based economy is rapidly growing, their three-core product sets stay focused on 100s of reference guides, instructional books, and digital services.
BV Media, and OnPoint Company, is looking for team players and innovative thinkers that like to find solutions and you feel comfortable working in a casual environment.
We are looking for a Linux System Administrator to be responsible for the administration, monitoring, deployment, and configuration of the Email Marketing infrastructure of the company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
· Configure and maintain domains, IP addresses, and MTA configurations to meet and exceed business needs and industry best practices for high volume email marketing networks and senders.
· Linux System Administrator will document and Q/A all configurations across the entire network.
· Build up new MTAs based on Linux Centos 7.
· Linux System Administrator will be responsible for the configuration and administration of IP Tables.
· Monitor, troubleshoot, and build processes to prevent high volume mail delivery issues.
· Configure IP Tunnels using IP/IP or GRE to bind new IPs being used for email marketing.
· Respond to incidents and perform root cause analysis to prevent them in the future.
· Linux System Administrator will ensure proper backup procedures.
· Configure and maintain MX records, forward DNS, reverse DNS, SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records to industry best practices.
· Assist Setup, maintain, and monitor postmaster tools and feedback loops per IP/sending domain.
· Linux System Administrator will setup and maintain mail classes and configurations in MTA.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· 3-5 years of practical experience in administration of UNIX and/or Linux environments.
· Strong background in Networking tasks such as FcrDNS, setting up DNS Records (CNAME, MX, TXT, A), and IP Tunneling (GRE or IP/IP).
· Proactive and service oriented behavior.
· Experience with SSH Tunneling, SOCKS5, Nagios, IP Tables, Veeam, and Fail2ban rules.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and root cause analysis skills.
· Ability to manage high priority projects effectively and work independently.
· Extensive experience with troubleshooting complex systems.
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) preferred.
· CCNA certification preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· On-site doctor.
· Weekly and monthly rewards and recognition.
· Monthly company events.
· Promerica bank account discounts and promotions.
· Casual and fun office environment.
· Culture that promotes professional growth and development.
· Team-oriented work space
Read Full Job Description